16 August, 2021
Local community & Products and services
Your property and regional lakes, rivers and springs are far more related than you consider, even if miles apart. Summer is Florida’s rainy period. When you fertilize, rain washes it into area waters, depositing excessive nitrogen that feeds algae blooms and degrades drinking water good quality. This spoils fishing, swimming, skiing and boating fun for all people and helps make foodstuff scarce for the fish, turtles and other wildlife that dwell there.
Retain pollution out of our waterbodies by adhering to these fertilizer administration regulations:
- Check out the temperature, do not fertilize 24 hrs prior to a storm or heavy rain
- Prevent nitrogen fertilizer throughout the summer months restricted time period, July 1 – September 30
- Just take the “Fertilizer Application Education and learning Course for Citizens”, it is free and online
- In spring and drop, examination your soil. You might not have to have to fertilize. When you do, use only 65% gradual-launch nitrogen and % phosphorus fertilizer
- Plant a Florida-Pleasant property, which demands a lot less fertilizer, pesticides and water
Are you a Wekiwa or Rock Springs enthusiast? Discover more about Orange County’s special educational campaign My Lawn My Springs that displays inhabitants how they can assistance safeguard groundwater high-quality.
To discover far more, visit www.ocfl.web/FertilizeResponsibly